Why do our customers book this tour?
- You will be thrilled by the imposing architecture of this house. A fascinating journey through its author, Josep Puig i Cadafalch, and the legend of Sant Jordi (Saint George), so present in the symbology of the house.
- The visit becomes an experience of the senses, thanks to the most advanced technology and the most amazing special effects.
- A huge detached house with three façades: Avinguda Diagonal, Carrer Rosselló and Carrer Bruc.
- The large façade in red brick, which combines the wrought iron balconies, stained glass and ceramic panels.
- The medieval atmosphere, with continuous references to patriotic Catalan symbols.
- Entrance (no queues!)
- Audioguide (in your own language -10 available!)
What will I see?
One of the most beautiful examples of Modernista architecture in the “Eixample” of Barcelona. It is the only building of the Modernisme style that is a detached house, and a masterpiece by great architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch.
The Casa Terradas, popularly known as “Casa de les Punxes” (for its conical towers which end in a spike) was built in 1905.
The main floor
Several videos explain the Legend of Sant Jordi. On the main floor you can also admire the stained-glass windows, ceramics and other decorative details, while discovering the history of the house and the Terradas family, who commissioned the construction of the house.
The rooftop and its spikes
The rooftop of the house is a very special place, surrounded by the imposing spikes or “punxes”. It offers a panoramic view over the Diagonal and the elegant neighbourhood.
Inside the spikes, there are attractive panels with information about the architect, the Terradas family and the social context of the time.
The “Vermutería Matalaranya”
On the ground floor of Casa de les Punxes, there is a lovely bar where you can taste the best tapas and dishes. Really delicious!